The Dogs

The Dogs
Bosque, Brink, Tundra, River, Rival

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

New Beginnings

I started the year by moving to Erie, CO, literally on New Years's Eve. I was wrong when I thought everything would be fixed by that move, it still takes time. The job market is oh so not good and I started applying for small business loans today and everything came crashing back to reality. I don't think starting a practice is going to happen any time soon, even though the banks advertise nothing down, they still want 20%-on a veterinary clinic! That's a ton of money. So I will build my very small business that I already have going, and keep looking for a veterinary job. The rejections are very hard on the ego.
Goals for the New Year:
1.Finish CCRT certification
2.Lose and keep off the 10 pounds I keep yo-yoing
3.Stick to the cleaning schedule
4.Find a job and save tons of money to start my own clinic
5.Get Brink qualified for USDAA nationals.
6.Train Stig to be ready to do agility by next year
First trial of the new year: Brink went to FRAC's USDAA trial last weekend. We only had one Q-Advanced Snooker for our Advanced Snooker title. We had a lot of really great runs. His contacts are broken and if we could fix that, we would be a Q'ing machine. I'm not expecting much for the SWAT trial the end of this month, but hopefully by March we will have made some progress. Here's his Grand Prix run, this was my favorite run of the weekend. He had a dropped bar due to my spectating and got called on the A-frame contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment